Building upon the mission of Bishop England High School, the Options Program, established in 2007, supports the belief that all students deserve the opportunity to maximize their spiritual, academic and social potential. The vision is that students from a wide range of intellectual abilities will continue to learn and advance if provided a rich, rewarding learning environment.
This program is designed to provide an inclusive educational experience for students with intellectual disabilities. Students benefit from inclusion opportunities in a variety of academic and elective courses for 80-100% of the school day. Students in the Options program receive more individualized instruction as needed to facilitate their continued academic progress. In most cases, the students participating in the Options Program will receive a “Certificate of Achievement” upon the completion of the program. All graduates of this program are currently attending post-secondary programs or are gainfully employed.
Angie Joos, Options Contact
Profile of Options’ Students at Bishop England
- Students with developmental or intellectual disabilities
- Students whose academic performance ranges between the second and sixth grade
- Students who are able to initiate simple written and verbal expression.
- Students who are able to interact socially with minimal distraction to themselves or others
- Students who are willing to follow the high behavior and academic standards of our school